The Stoddart Group was established when brothers Tom and Albert, opened the factory in Cooparoo, Brisbane.
The Stoddart Group has enjoyed extensive growth becoming leaders in each business unit.
- 1959 Stoddart Fabrications is established by brothers Tom and Albert Stoddart
- 1978 Stoddart Fabrications enters the supply and fix market
- 1985 Jon and Bill, sons of the original founders, become joint MD's of the business.
- 1986 Stoddart acquired a stainless steel business in NSW. The long standing relationship with Lysaght (now BlueScope Steel) is formed.
- 2000 To further diversify in the market, Bill Stoddart continues to run Tom Stoddart Pty Ltd whilst Jon Stoddart launches the independent entity Stoddart Building Products Pty Ltd (Stoddart Group) to specialise in servicing the residential housing market.
- 2002 Stoddart Metals is established to import and supply to the construction market
- 2005 Stoddart Steel House Frames (13 years in operation) joins the Stoddart Group
- 2007 Stoddart Group introduces Scope Safety Systems
Today the Stoddart Group has 25 branches on the east coast of Australia, access to over 500 contractors, 500 staff and a drive to supply the best installed products in the market.